Before we arrive on the day, there are a few things we recommend you carrying out prior to our arrival.
Delays in these preparations being carried out may impede the technician from completing the treatment in the allocated time, and may result in having to re-book the treatment for another day.
Here are some general preparation requirements and guidelines to help you get the most from your treatment:
Prior To Your Service Treatment:
- Ensure that your general housekeeping is carried out prior to the service or treatment.
- Clear all bench tops of food items and put away / cover any cooking utensils.
- Cover or put away children’s toys, and cover over baby’s crib or cot.
- Cover fish bowls and tanks / birds with a waterproof cover.
- Put all pets outside and secure them so that they can not enter the property for 3-4 hours after the treatment has been completed. Tie up any dogs away from the property during the treatment.
- Place pet food bowls or bedding upside down or cover up / put away.
- Clear floor space and generally de-clutter as much as possible.
- Put away or cover toothbrushes, facecloths and towels.
- Pull bedding up over your pillows or cover these with a towel.
- Ensure that all windows are closed prior to and during the treatment until the spray has dried.
For Fleas: Vacuum flooring and dispose of contents away from the house. Clear the floor of all small objects i.e toys, books, clothing etc.
For Bed Bugs: Strip mattress and hot wash bed linen. Wherever possible try to empty bed side drawers so that these can be treated as well.
For Ants and German Cockroaches: Empty kitchen cupboards, pantry, hot water cupboard and any other affected storage areas. Place contents on a table and cover with a cloth.
For Moth Larvae: Throw out all infested and expired foodstuffs, empty pantry and put contents on a table and cover with a cloth.
Additional Preparations For Cockroach Treatments:
- Ensure that your general housekeeping is carried out prior to the service or treatment, maintain the home as neatly as possible for long term results, this helps eliminate any possible food sources for the cockroaches, and they will be more attracted to the bait instead of other food sources i.e crumbs under fridge, grease under oven etc.
- If you have recently purchased a second hand oven or refrigerator, it is recommended that you check the appliance before bringing it into your home to avoid further infestation of cockroaches.
After Your Service Treatment:
- Refrain from washing windows for at least 2 weeks after the treatment to ensure greater effectiveness.
- Stay away from the inside of the property for 3-4 hours after a spray treatment has been completed.
- We recommend that you vent / air out your property for around 30 minutes upon returning.
- Wipe down all kitchen surfaces where food preparation is done.
- Refrain from water blasting or washing the exterior of the property as this will wash away the chemical from the pressure of the hose.
- Note: Exterior treatments will take approx 30 minutes – 1 hour to dry and begin to take effect.
For Fleas: Keep children and small animals off the treated flooring until dry and odour is no longer present. Refrain from vacuuming for 3 days after the treatment to ensure the most effective treatment. Dispose of contents away from property.
For Cockroaches: Sweep up any dead insects and dispose of away from house.